Monday 15 September 2008

Results

Yesterday I took part in the Wetherby 10k. I finished in 35th position with a time of 38:38 which I'm very pleased with this as it represents an age graded performance of 35:16.

This age graded time is my best age graded 10k time since the Harrogate 10k on 26 July 1998 where I ran 34:52 (34:14 age graded). Obviously my training is going well at the moment - especially as I'm keeping up the two long runs per week and ran a total of 75 miles for the week ending Sunday 14 September.

This morning I went for a 23 mile run which took in a stretch of the Leeds Liverpool Canal between Dowley Gap and Apperley Bridge. I then ran up the BIG hill to Rawdon before continuing home via Guiseley and Menston.

I ran up the big hill to Rawdon because for my next race - Horsforth 10k - I plan to run the 6.5 miles to the start before the race and then run the 6.5 miles home again which will involve this hill.

On the canal towpath I came across Ian Fisher out running (winner of many local races over the last 10 years or so - won the Leeds half marathon 8 days ago). Stopped for a brief chat ... which I was pleased about as I was beginning to flag a bit at that point.

Also yesterday was the Perth 24 hr race which, contrary to what I wrote earlier, did not count Sam Black among the list of competitors. He did tell me himself that he was taking part though.

The winner was Stephen Mason who completed a brilliant 239.396 km (148.755 miles) which is the best British performance for at least four years. William Sichel ran 201.671 km (125.312 miles) for fourth place [2nd man] in the race which saw the first woman break the Scottish record. Well done to them all - especially as it been wet for a good proportion of the race.

Stephen's distance has meant an update to the rankings page.

Also updated this page.

No comments: