Monday 11 February 2008

Stage two begins

Well, it's done. My first run of any type since 24 December 2007. How did it go ? Well ... I iced my ankle for 30 mins before setting off and for the first 15 - 20 mins it didn't feel normal but I put that down to the ice and the type of shoes I was wearing [Nike Air Max Bounty] which are still quite new and stiff. For the second half of my 40 minute outing my ankle felt absolutely fine.

I know that alternating 5 mins running with 5 mins walking is still a long way from proper training but this is another milestone reached. Tomorrow will be identical in terms of running - I hope the result is too.

After a shower the pinch test as advocated by Noakes in his 'Lore Of Running' indicated no deterioration in the achilles. Fantastic.

Used ice for 30 mins after the run too.

No comments: