Friday 18 July 2008

Tonight's Relay

Went to the physio yesterday for a check up ... just to make sure I was OK to resume training next week. The only problem he could find was of a proprioceptive nature in my right ankle.

This morning I acquired a wobble board from the local scout troop and will use it for five minutes twice a day.

This morning I had a 45 minute session on the bike (at a reduced intensity) with no ill effects and this afternoon I did a strength training session, again at a reduced intensity. Feel good about my recovery which seems much quicker than in the past. I attribute this to the compression tights I wore during the race.

The race report is coming along nicely but tonight is the second of two races I organise - The Washburn Relay - for local clubs around the Fewston and Swinsty Reservoirs a few miles north of where I live. A good social event in a wonderfully scenic part of Yorkshire. So far we have 50 teams of three.

Obviously things will be on hold for a couple of days now while the relay takes precedence - correlating results is quite a time consuming task.

No comments: