Sunday 18 September 2011

almost there ...

This afternoon I completed my last training session with the weights.  Just three more runs now before the race ... fartlek on Monday and Tuesday with a final steady run on Wednesday.

Started drinking the beetroot juice yesterday.  Half a litre per day every day until the race.  I'm sure I've mentioned it before but it was Jim Rogers in May 2010 who introduced me to the delights of the red stuff.  I used it with good results in early September of that year.

Heat training continues tomorrow for the last time and I've been asked, by Martin Fryer, to wear the Australian jacket he kindly gave me after winning the inaugural Commonwealth Championships in 2009.  Of course I'll wear it ... and hope a bit of the magic will rub off.

ps ... I'll also be wearing 2 T shirts, a long sleeved top and 2 sweatshirts.

No comments: