Wednesday 7 September 2011

hard work today

Today's run was hard ... not because of the run itself but because of the exceptionally windy weather we've been having recently.

The plan was for a 5.1 miles (8.2 km) out an back tempo run on a flattish route.

For the first half I ran 17:08 (target was 17:10 to 17:57)
For the return section I ran 19:40
For the whole I ran 36:48 (target was 34:21 to 35:55)

During the second half I was running at about a minute per mile (37s per km) slower and that was just because of the strong winds.  I know I have easily been hitting my targets during tempo runs over the last couple of months so this should have been no problem at all.  I seem to have recovered well from last week's madness too.

I dare say that wearing two pairs of tracksuit bottoms as well as a T shirt, a sweatshirt and 2 cotton long sleeved tops didn't make things easier though.  Lost 5.6 pounds in weight though (2.5 kg).

I hope it's not so windy in Llandudno later this month.

Very well done too to Fiona Rennie who ran exceptionally well at the weekend in the Glenmore 24 hr trail race with very little training.  Second with 108 miles.

No comments: