Thursday 15 May 2008

Good News & Bad News

Monday - 19+ miles in 2h 45
Tuesday - 19+ miles in 2h 22
Wednesday - (am) 45 mins on bike ... (pm) 5k race in 19:07 then run 5 miles home
Thursday - right ankle feels sprained

Right, lets get the bad news out of the way first. Woke up this morning and struggled to get myself downstairs, my ankle felt sprained and swollen. Plenty of ice and ibuprofen later it's obvious that my ankle is slowly getting better. I had always planned to do no running today - so that's not bad then !!. Tomorrow ... decide later.

Good news. Yesterday's race provided me with an 'age graded pb' of 17:30 beating the 17:32 (17:53 actual time) I ran in Bradford in Nov 1998. It can be seen at the top of this post that I'm not exactly doing much 5k training [in fact, I hope, I'm training for the opposite end of the running spectrum].

I've noticed recently that Sharon Gayter (fantastic ultra runner, beat me in London last October) has been regularly running the Hyde Park 5k time trials in Leeds, recording 21 to 22 mins. So I'm quite pleased with my 19:07 then.

All the best to her and William Sichel in the Surgeres 48 hr race in France this weekend.

No comments: