Wednesday 24 December 2008

Bad News

Well, here we go with some sad news before Christmas ... as you all know I plan to take part in a 48 hr race in Athens and raise funds in aid of Orchid.

Unfortunately, events of the past two weeks have necessitated a change of plan. In order, these events were:

late Nov: announced plan to race in Athens
10 Dec: lost job therefore no means of paying for travel, accommodation, etc
18 Dec: major high street retailer offered to pay costs
23 Dec: said retailer pulls out of deal as they are now in administration
24 Dec: unless a business (or individual) offers to pay costs I'll have to withdraw from the race

So, there we have it. In a nutshell I cannot afford to get to Athens and back. However I would still like to raise funds this year in aid of Orchid so I'll have to think of something else ...

Apologies to all concerned but keep reading for updates as soon as I have them. If anyone out there has some spare cash (!!!!) please get in touch.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone.

No comments: