Monday 8 December 2008

Remembering the bad times ...

Rehab is going very well indeed. Easily on target to resume full training on January 1st.

Things also seem to be advancing well with my plan to raise money for a cancer charity whilst taking part in a 48 hr race in Athens in April.

Looks like we've got over the current bad spell of weather. Of course, with it being winter here we can expect more snow and rain and wind and cold temperatures - not my favourite time of year. In fact, when it comes to bad weather, I'm definitely a wimp !!!

It very rarely stops me training though - probably because I know that the pleasure I get from running outweighs the negative aspect of being outside in terrible weather. I know there's lots of other health benefits too but just being able to run gives me a thrill - I remember times in my life when I was too ill ...

Sorry about that - I'd better stop now or I'll start weeping.

A couple of songs I remember, helped get me through those hard times - read the lyrics below and see if you know what they are [answers next time].

(1) So close no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
And nothing else matters

Never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I don't just say
And nothing else matters

Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
And nothing else matters

(2) Rising with the morning sun
I turn to greet the dawn
Knowing I must face another day
Sleepness night behind me
Just a memory of pain
My heart has always been a cross to bear

Lord I know the sun shines
But I feel the tears of rain
Falling down to wash my sins away
I'll try hard to remember
So I won't be fooled again
I ain't gonna cry no more today

All around me shadows fall
The day has just begun
I realise I'm on my own again
Memories of broken dreams
As distant as the sun
Are drifting like an echo on the wind

1 comment:

Alastair said...

nothing else matters...