Wednesday 26 October 2011

oh no ...

This morning's run was not good.

Yesterday afternoon's was perfect.  I ran 13.4 miles (21.5 km) in 1h 45 ... easily.  This morning though I woke up with a pain in my left ankle (as well as both elbows).  The ankle felt stiff all morning and was quite painful for the first half of my 8.6 mile run (13.9 km).

This afternoon it's been fine but I'm a bit worried about the possibility of having picked up an injury.  I would like to think that it was caused by falling down the stairs on Saturday night (without the aid of alcohol I may add ...) and that a few days rest with ice and ibuprofen will help enormously.

But I won't know for sure until I've seen the physio tomorrow.

Thanks Anth for recommending Basel as a possible 24 hr race next May.  That's definitely one to consider - even if in recent years UK runners have not done well there.

No comments: