Tuesday 16 February 2010

Chris is happy ...

Last night I received a phone call from Norman Wilson (chairman of selectors, UK Athletics) to confirm that I have been selected to represent my country in this year's World 24 hr Championships.

It seems that all the hard work over the past couple of years has finally paid off.  And I feel good.

Full details of the event can be found on the race website.  Looking around that website it appears that there are plans for live web coverage - should be good.

I have to say a big 'thank you' to Adam Smith at Fitnessfootwear.com and Steve Raven at ASSIST Creative Resources Ltd and Alan Young at Dion Networks for helping and sponsoring me.

If you would like to help/sponsor me too please email chris.carver@btopenworld.com

4 comments:

Mike Blamires said...

Chris, this is great news indeed! Well Done.

Dan Rose said...

Congrats, Chris!! Well deserved after more than enough stellar performances from you. See you in France!!

Anth said...

Congrats Chris, best of luck for the rest of your training.

William said...

Many congratulations Chris. Much deserved selection and good luck with your preparation and performance in France.