Wednesday 22 April 2009

plans for next month

Recently entered the East Hull 24 hr race. I'm not planning to run the whole event as I don't think I'll recover sufficiently for the Commonwealth Championships in September which is the main target this year. I'm just planning to run 100 miles in Hull.

May looks like it's going to be very busy for me:

Sun 3 May - meeting #1 for crew of Run To London
Mon 4 May - wedding anniversary & Fay's birthday
Thu 7 May - Harrogate League race 1 in Thirsk
Fri 8 May - Torch Race (annual relay race up Otley Chevin by local scout groups - I'm involved with Otley Parish Scouts)
Sat 9 May - meeting #2 for crew of Run To London
Sun 10 May - meeting #3 for crew of Run To London
Tue 12 May - Otley AC committee meeting
Sat/Sun 16/17 May - England Ultra Squad Weekend in Gloucester
Wed 20 May - Harrogate League race 2 in Wetherby
Sat/Sun/Mon 23/24/25 May - Run To London
Fri 29 May - Keir's birthday

Mustn't neglect training although most of May is either tapering or recovering !!!

Yesterday I came across a 33 year old song I haven't heard before but which I wish I had - it's absolutely brilliant. I found it on the free DVD which came with the current issue of Classic Rock magazine. The song is Magic Man and it's by Heart. It was originally on their debut album (released in 1976) but this superlative live version is from Dreamboat Annie Live.

The version below isn't quite as good in my opinion but it's from 1977 so shows a performance from around the time it was written and recorded.

HEART - MAGIC MAN

I've known about Heart for at least 25 years now but for some reason missed this song.

No comments: