Friday 6 July 2012

recovery and race report

Recovery has been going very well at the moment.  I planned to take three weeks to get back into full training and everything is on schedule ... so far.

The last couple of weeks have included the usual stuff - tempo runs, hill reps, steady runs, a race, etc - just less of them.  Like a taper in reverse.

Today's training was a 5.5 mile (8.9 km) tempo run.  The target was just over 38 minutes and, with the heavy rain and strong winds to contend with, I was pleased to achieve that almost exactly.

Apologies for the ULTRArace 100 report taking so long but I've had a couple of gremlins in the system here and for some reason I don't seem able to include any photos to go with the text.  If I can get that sorted I'll put them in later and let you know.

Anyway - you can now read about my last ultra on this page.

No comments: