Wednesday 23 May 2012

felling better ...

After a few days of 'no pressure running' I'm beginning to feel better already.  Of course the recent change in the weather has helped ... and so too has my decision to also do a bit less strength work and cycling for a week or so.

Monday afternoon was a gentle 23 miles (37 km) up the valley and back, and Tuesday morning was another gentle run, 25 miles this time (40 km) in the heat.  I believe the temperature was 15 C (59 F) on Monday afternoon and 16 C (60 F) on Tuesday morning.  Sunny on both days too - and that is due to continue until next week (and beyond, hopefully).

So, there's been a definite improvement in my general mood and I'm beginning to look forward to training again and in particular a long run next week.  Maybe from York to Otley via Tadcaster, Scarcroft and Bramhope on Wednesday.  Any takers ...

No comments: