Sunday 6 May 2012

bits and pieces

Well, today is the first day of my next 4 week training block.  As usual my last block ended with an 'easy week' in which I reduced everything by one third.  My three runs last week were a 6 mile (9.6 km) tempo run, a long run of almost 44 miles (71 km) and some hill reps (10 x Farnley Lane in Otley).

Some of the strength work I had planned wasn't completed but that was due mainly to wedding anniversary celebrations (24 years) and not injury.  Having said that, my left knee does seem to be aching a bit today.

I've also been home alone all weekend as Fay and Keir have been camping in Harrogate with hundreds of scouts from all over Yorkshire.  I'm sure they're having lots of fun but it's been very cold at night ... too cold for me to be under canvas.

Like lots of others I've been following the trials and tribulations of the eleven runners who left John O'Groats 16 days ago heading for Land's End.  It's been a fascinating journey and one which I have found immensely inspiring.  I know I'll be thinking about what they achieved as I complete another long run in the rain tomorrow  :(

Many congratulations to Rainer Koch on winning the event.  It has been a privilege to follow his progress day after day through the rain.

Much like my training last month really.

No comments: