Monday 9 January 2012

things still improving

Just a brief update on how the injury's progressing before my next visit to the physio on Wednesday afternoon.

Well, today was a 'no running' day but the previous four runs were all done in the morning and I would give them marks of 96%, 96%, 98% and 99%.  So things are definitely still improving and the early morning aching has also abated.

Very good indeed.  Stretching three times a day, icing three times a day and doing the eccentric contraction exercises twice a day seems to be helping enormously.

These runs have been increasing in length but still alternating running with walking.  I'm very confident that the physio will give me all clear to begin running non-stop again.  Obviously not very far at first and, I guess, if all goes well, I'll be able to start training properly again at the end of the month.

And then I can start planning my races for this year although that could be a bit difficult with Fay's job being in danger at the moment - local authority cuts.

Still ... things are beginning to look good at the moment.  And there's a reporter visiting tomorrow from the Yorkshire Evening Post ...

No comments: