Sunday 7 March 2010

missed training ... and other stuff

Yesterday, for the first time in at least four months I decided to rearrange my training at short notice.

It wasn't that I was too tired or too lazy or ill ... I had a wedding to attend.   I figured that I could miss one run and one stretching session in order to go to what I hope will be the happiest day of my friend's life.   It was a wonderful occasion and everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves.  I hope John and Donna have many happy year's together (and no sad ones).

I did manage to fit in my usual strength and conditioning exercises in the morning before I left home.

As well as a piece about William Sichel and the upcoming 1000 mile race in Athens there is, in the current issue of Athletics Weekly, an article about the death of ultra running legend Cavin Woodward.  His 100 mile world record of 11h 38:54 in 1975 at Tipton was a truly remarkable race ... en route he also broke world records for 50 miles, 100 km and 150 km.  Andy Milroy's article about the race is essential reading.

My condolences to his family and friends.

No comments: