Wednesday 11 June 2008

Otley 10 this evening

Luckily the organisation of this year's Otley 10 has hardly disrupted my training at all. The only change I've had to make is to move this week's two long runs from Monday & Tuesday to Thursday & Friday.

On Monday I ran around the course checking everything over and painting on the road exactly where the mile markers should be placed. Although it is known as a hilly course I was surprised how easy the run was, I wasn't running fast but I expected at least to be very tired at the top of the two (big) hills.

This morning I spent a couple of hours with a team mate putting up signs, etc around the race HQ and taking delivery of the mementoes. A specially commissioned bottle of beer from Hambleton Ales.

Later this afternoon I'll be off around the course again (with another team mate) putting up the 'caution runners' signs and mile markers as well as making a final check that everything is OK.

And then, tonight, the race. As in almost every other year that I've organised this race I'm a bit worried that we don't have enough marshals, funnel officials, etc. I'm sure everything will be fine though ...

Still not found any decent decaff coffee. I'll probably end up buying some decaf house blend from Starbucks (help ...)

Pleased about my weight. Since the beginning of the year I've lost over 2kg (4.4lb) and I'm consistently under 59kg, I feel much better for it too.

No comments: