Sunday 18 November 2012

the ultra runner's forest

Many thanks to all who took the time to comment on my recent post, or leave a comment on Facebook.  Reading them all lifted my mood immeasurably.

Friday's 'run' went well with an overall score of 80 % (zero is unable to run and 100 % is totally pain free).

I was pleasantly surprised with that so I decided to have another go this morning and on this occasion I scored 88.6 %.  The next big test will be tomorrow morning ... and the day after when I 'run' on consecutive days.

I realise there's still a long way to go but ...

After ten weeks I've finally entered the forest.  The journey through the forest should take about five weeks and I know it may be difficult at times.  If, at any time, the journey becomes too dangerous I'll send for a helicopter to airlift me out of this place.  Better to quit early and try again later than not quit and being stuck in the forest for an awful long time.

1 comment:

Johann said...

That is fantastic progress and really good news. All the best!