Monday 29 November 2010

good winter running


This morning's 16 mile run took about 7 or 8 minutes longer than usual.  I'm not complaining though as running through snow gave me some extra resistance training.  It wasn't actually snowing but there was plenty of the white stuff around and the frozen Leeds Liverpool Canal looked splendid.

Hollins Hill, between Baildon and Guiseley wasn't easy to run up but apart from that I just plodded away and enjoyed myself.

The temperature this morning was probably about 0.8 C when I left home just before 8.00am, In Guiseley at about 8.35am the temperature fell to about -1.0 C.  Until about 9.30am it stayed constant but when I ran back into Wharfedale the temperature rose slightly to 1.3 C.

I know that isn't cold compared to some parts of the world but for the UK in November we've had record lows ... and it's likely to last at least another week.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

I must be different. Everyone around here is moaning like mad about the cold.

I, on the other hand, am absolutely loving it.

Johann said...

I like that! Here where I live in South Africa we don't really know snow. I've never run in snow.