Wednesday 3 June 2009

Commonwealth Championships

Started planning my training for the next 15 weeks which will take me up to the Commonwealth Championships.

It will basically be the same mix as usual: two long runs per week along with fartlek, hill reps and tempo runs. The long runs will not be quite as long as they were in the lead up to the Run To London. I'll also be doing the usual cycling, stretching and strength exercises - perhaps a bit more than before.

I'm going to try and make more time over the summer for a regular footcare routine and also proper recovery time where I'll just chill out every now and again in a stress free environment.

Will probably do one or two races as speedwork in July and August and I plan to run a quick 100 miles at the Hull 24 hr race in mid July.

For the past 18 months I've been running three consecutive days then having a day recovery - perhaps now is the time to increase that to four days on and one day off.

No comments: