Friday 6 February 2009

Ice shoes

People recently have been asking what shoes I'm wearing as I don't seem to be slipping and sliding around on the ice around here.

Well, the first pair I've been using is Nike Shox Saya. I've used them in my last two 24hr races and the cushioning is absolutely brilliant. The grip on the ice is good too. The only problem really is that the uppers are not waterproof.

My second pair of 'ice shoes' are Nike Air Max Bounty. This time the uppers are waterproof and again the sole has plenty of grip for me to be able to run steadily at about 7:30 to 8:00 per mile.

Not sure about tomorrow's Rombald's Stride though. It promises to be particularly bad going over Ilkley Moor ... especially the descent into Ilkley itself. The shoes mentioned here will not suffice for a 20+ mile hilly trail race on frozen ground. See Simon Anderson's blog for more details.

No comments: