Saturday 25 May 2013

summer is here

Weather improving ... ankle improving again after a less than pain free few runs midweek ... things are looking good again.

Today's 40 minutes run, for instance, took me up the valley to the village of Burley in Wharfedale and on the way back I came across Zack Whitehead and we ran together back into Otley.  Zack has been running recently after a few years out of the sport because of a knee injury.  If he can get back to running the sort of times he was five years ago that will be a great boost for Otley AC.  Good to see him back running - enjoying it too.

My run, for no reason at all, was a over 15s per km quicker than expected.  I have noticed recently that I do seem to be running a bit further in the time allowed.  I guess my speed is returning as my fitness improves.

On Tuesday next week we travel to Belfast to help Keir tie up the loose ends regarding accommodation, etc at the end of his first year at university.  And he wants us to help carry all the stuff he has to bring home.  It's his birthday on Wednesday so we'll do something a bit special while we're there but he has recently acquired a girlfriend which we'll meet for the first time.  Apparently she's very nervous about meeting me and Fay ... that's OK though because we're quite nervous about meeting her.

Next Saturday I plan to run another race but I'm undecided between the Kirkby Malzeard 10k or the local parkrun 5k.

No comments: