Monday 26 December 2011

rehab ... next stage

Hope everyone had a good Christmas.  For the first time in a number of years I did no training whatsoever on the big day.

This afternoon I ventured outside for a run (of sorts) for the first time in six weeks.  I alternated 5 minutes running with 5 minutes walking for a total of 40 minutes.  I was prepared to only be out for 20 minutes if the pain or discomfort meant that would be wise ... but I managed the full 40 and I would rate that at about 76% where 100% is a run with no pain or discomfort whatsoever.

Pleased with that.  Same again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jerry Smallwood said...

That is brilliant news Chris, I am often amazed by your resolve and restraint when it comes to training and recovery from events (or injury). You step out and do exactly what is required whilst I just tumble out the door and muddle though.
Great to see you back on track which bodes well for the next few months.