Sunday 8 November 2009

more media coverage

Received a letter recently from my MP (Greg Mulholland). Parts of it read:

"As I've previously told you, running is one of my passions, and it is great to see so many nations featuring at such a vibrant event [as the recent Commonwealth Championships]."

"I have tabled Early Day Motion 2193 ... I've drawn particular attention to the fact that there is, in my opinion, far too little coverage given of running on television.  I hope that future Championships gets a higher priority which will in turn encourage young people to get involved in the sport."

The Early Day Motion can be seen here and on reading it it is obvious that he wants the sport of ultra distance running to have a much higher media profile - particularly on television.  Let's all hope broadcasters take notice.

No comments: