Thursday 5 November 2009

illness

You've probably all noticed that I haven't posted for a while.   The reason is straight forward - I've been ill.

If you read my report of the Commonwealth Championships you'll be aware that as a child I had a recurrent papilloma on my larynx which I last had removed in 1983.

Well, my recent illness was diagnosed as a recurrent papilloma.  To say this was a massive surprise is surely the understatement of the year.  One good thing is that when I was younger the removal of the growth was by scalpel whereas nowadays they use a laser.  This cuts down the recovery time substantially.

One minor operation later and I'm now back home and planning to start running (interspersed with walking) next week.   Until December I've got to be careful to avoid heavy breathing ...

For the past few days I've been living on soup and ice cream - the chocolate & ginger ice cream that Fay found in Ilkley is wonderful.  Almost worth having a throat operation just for this [or maybe not !!!].

1 comment:

The Sunday Adventure Club said...

what a bummer Chris, hope you're feeling better soon and back to full running. Soup and ice cream diet, might try that myself! ;o)