Monday 10 August 2009

training going well

Been training hard recently.  Long runs around Wharfedale interspersed with lots of fartlek, hill reps and faster running.

Tomorrow I'm planning to run around the Washburn Valley and the area of Swinsty and Fewston Reservoirs. Only got 18 days training before I begin my usual three week taper in preparation for my most important race of the year - the Commonwealth Championship 24 hr event.

I've tailored my training in a slightly unusual way this time.  As the race begins on a Thursday (ends on a Friday) I've changed my training week to begin on a Saturday.   It is usual for training weeks to begin on Monday ... but most races are on a Sunday.

It took a while to get used to this minor change but everything is falling into place much better and it did make planning the training schedule much easier.

No comments: