Wednesday 6 August 2008

Yesterday and Today

Yesterday's run was very enjoyable. A good family day out followed by a long run back to Otley from Fountain's Abbey via Winksley, Kirkby Malzeard, Low Bishopside, Wilsill, Glasshouses, Heyshaw, Thornthwaite, Blubberhouses, Timble and Askwith.

Apart from the 24 hr race this was my longest run since the end of May. Approx 24 miles in a little under 3 hours 30 ... without trying. Not the flattest run, but certainly very enjoyable.

This morning was 5 to 6 miles fartlek followed by 45 mins on the bike. A session of strength exercises will follow later.

I've entered the Wetherby 10k (14 September) but I'm not sure whether to run there and back this year. In 2006 and 2007 I ran to Wetherby, took part in the 10k and then ran home again - about 40 miles in total.

The problem I have this year is that I'm not convinced it'll help my performance in London five weeks later. Any thoughts anyone ?

No comments: