Friday 7 March 2008

Performance Tights

Yesterday I emailed William Sichel to ask his opinion on whether compression tights would be too warm to wear in summer. I can definitely see the benefits but shorts in warm weather seems far more practical and comfortable.

His reply didn't answer my question but did confirm my thoughts in an earlier post about the Hull 24 hr race not having an IAU label and therefore very unlikely to be recognised for major championship qualification purposes.

Over the past few weeks I have come to think that the selection criteria for the Commonwealth Championships (autumn 2009) will not even be published before summer therefore I have at least two further attempts to post a good distance.

I've just seen in Athletics Weekly an advertorial for the Vasque Ultra Running Championships. Although this is definitely a step in the right direction by the magazine all the races are off road and some promotion for track and road ultras wouldn't go amiss, particularly as major championships and records are all (of necessity) road/track courses.

No comments: