Thursday 27 June 2013

bits and pieces

I thought it was too goods to last ...

Things were going so well until Monday afternoon when, right at the very end of my strength training session I decided to do some dumbbell Romanian deadlifts.  Well, I guess the weights were too heavy because a few hours later my lower back began aching and by Tuesday morning it was quite painful.

I immediately decided against any cycling weight training for that day and I knew that Wednesday was to be a day free from all training so hopefully a couple of days recovery would see me back to normal.

Today ... everything's back to normal and the back is fine too.

I'm sure the coffee I managed to buy yesterday had a positive effect too.  Coming towards the end of my rehab I decided to celebrate with some of my favourite coffee.  I have long been a fan of coffee from Yemen but in recent years it has been increasingly difficult to find ... but I guess I was lucky because I found some in Leeds at Whittard of Chelsea.  Had a first cup this morning and it is absolutely divine.  Most readers will know that I've never been much good at writing reviews [need more practice I suppose] so I think it best to direct you to the Whittard website where there are a few.

Also bought the new album by Deep Purple which is probably their best for a decade or more.  It's really good and I'm looking forward to seeing them in Manchester in October.  At the Apollo again, been there numerous times over the years - my first visit was to see Rainbow in July 1981.  In the 32 years since then I've also seen Black Sabbath, Evanescence, Iron Maiden, Jethro Tull, Rose Tattoo, Samson and Whitesnake at that venue ... some good shows.

No comments: