Sunday 19 August 2012

almost there now

Well ... it's tapering now.  Last week was my last week of 'proper' training and it went very well indeed.  It included a club 3000m track race on Thursday which I completed in 10:54 ... my fastest time since the year 2000.

On Saturday morning was my last session of hill reps.  Up and down Newall Carr Bank, to the north of Otley, twenty times at about 8.00am.  Ouch ... Felt very good though, especially when I passed a group of cyclists from Otley Cycle Club on my last rep.

For some reason cyclists don't enjoy me passing them up the hills.

I've also spent the last week or two preparing pacing and nutrition plans for the big race early next month.  That's now out of the way and UK team management seem very happy with those which is a bonus as that means I can now concentrate on tapering and relaxing properly.

You may have noticed that this blog has undergone a few changes recently.  Hope everything works OK but if you find a link that doesn't work please let me know and I'll correct it.

No comments: