Sunday 26 June 2011

error details

Just looked at the map and found that I didn't actually miss out the big hill.  Which I'm pleased about !!!  Here are the details for those that are interested.

Using the 1:25 000 OS map number 151 (Stratford-upon-Avon) I can now see that I ran up Ebrington Hill from Chipping Campden (GR 165 396 to GR 188 427).  However I took the right hand fork instead of the left about 450m from the summit (GR 187 422) - after running uphill for almost 4 km.

I rejoined the proper route immediately after the village of Ilmington (GR 214 440) and did indeed run only about half a mile short.

1 comment:

Test SIMS said...

Very unlucky with result, I was struggling at the junctions to focus on the right direction in the rain during the night.

Glad you are seeing the positives as it was a fantastic run, will be following your progress from now and see what I can learn for future runs myself. Good luck at the commonwealth's!