Thursday 12 May 2011

recovering

I'd just like to say 'thanks' to everyone for their 'get well soon' messages after my recent mishaps.

I'm still feeling a bit sorry for myself after Monday's accident.  My right hand is still very painful and the bruise on my arm is now less than half the size it was.  On Monday evening the swelling was so severe Fay thought I had a hens egg up my sleeve !!!!

Because of the location of the bad cut it took almost 48 hours to form a scab.  Not a pretty sight.

Missed no training this week though but holding a dumbbell in my right hand is difficult and showering isn't easy.  Using soap or shower gel with one hand is about all I can manage at the moment.

Well done and congratulations to William Sichel for his recent first place in the UNIX 6 day road race in Hungary.  He also set a couple more records I believe.  Well done too to Heather Foundling-Hawker who finished 3rd (?) in the women's race.

I am a tad jealous of the people who compete in these races but I know that my 24 hour race experiences will stand me in good stead when I eventually find a suitable 48 hr race that doesn't seem to clash with World and/or Commonwealth Championships and/or family stuff.  It will happen.  I would need a good crew though.

No comments: