Tuesday 1 February 2011

plans firming up for this year ... slightly

The latest news regarding the World 24 hr Championships this year is that hopefully they'll take place in Taiwan towards the end of the year.  That suits me fine.  Back to a normal training schedule in less than two weeks then one or two ultras leading up to the Commonwealth Championships ... and then the World Champs.

I hope UK Athletics decide to send a team - we've got some good runners at the moment.

But what about the European Championships ?

I guess the date suits Pat Robbins too as he can now defend his GUCR title without it clashing with a major championships.  Next year's championships also seem to not clash with the GUCR ... so that's a possibility for me.

The reason I didn't enter this year is that entries have to be submitted before 1st November and at that time the World 24 hr Championships were scheduled for early June.  The Grand Union Canal Race is late May.

I have one or two races in mind for this summer but I'm trying not to think too much about them until I'm sure of my recovery from knee injury.

No comments: