Thursday 14 October 2010

more thoughts for 2011

MONDAY 11 OCTOBER

Still unsure about next year.  One problem is that I don't really want to travel too far if I can't be competitive.  In practice I feel that I couldn't compete satisfactorily on the trails or where the distance is less than 100k.  However, I could easily use a race as a long training run but I wouldn't want to travel abroad to do that.
The most important race next year is the World Championships so if I can't find another ultra race before that then so be it.  At the moment I'm inclined to go down to Crawley at the beginning of April but I would prefer something longer and a few weeks earlier.

THURSDAY 14 OCTOBER

I have recently been coming around to thinking that it would perhaps be a good idea to do one or two shorter ultras in the lead up to the World Championships.
This morning I learned that there is the possibility of a 100k race in Scotland next March.  Taking that into account I've narrowed down my choices to the following:

(1) Country to Capital 45 and Barry 40
(2) Country to Capital 45
(3) Ultra Race 45 and/or 90
(4) Thames Trot 50
IF I CHOOSE 2, 3 OR 4 ABOVE THEN I WILL ALSO RUN EITHER
(a) Hardmoors 55, or
(b) 100k in Scotland, or
(c) Calella 100k, or
(d) Kienbaum 100k
At the moment my preference is for 3b

There's no hurry at all to decide on what races to run in the latter part of the year so I'll leave that a few months and begin planning the training necessary to take me a very long distance in Brugg.

And then to the Commonwealth Championships in September and/or October.

No comments: