Thursday 15 July 2010

long runs

Training going well now.  Last weekend's problems are long gone and this morning's 23 mile fartlek went well.  The route was (from Otley):

Menston - Guiseley - Rawdon - Calverley - Leeds Liverpool Canal to Saltaire - Baildon - Guiseley - Menston - Otley

For those of you who live round here you can see that the route included Hollins Hill - at about 18 miles.  Not fun after 2h 25 of running.

On Friday 23 July Keir is going camping in the Yorkshire Dales with his friends for a few days.  I've offered to take him to Skipton on that morning so that I can run home again.  My route will probably include a large section of the Leeds Liverpool Canal - to Apperley Bridge or beyond.  A total of about 32 miles when I get back to Otley.

I'll be in Skipton bus station at about 9.30am and if anyone would like to join me on my run home you'll be most welcome.  I plan to leave at about 10.00am (unless I have a coffee before leaving Skipton).

No comments: