Thursday 15 October 2009

new training schedule, new sponsor

First of all I'd like to say a big 'thank you' to FitnessFootwear.com for supplying me with more shoes, this time for off-road training.  About twelve months ago they provided me with a pair of New Balance MR1062 but now they've let me have some North Face Hedgehogs.  They'll be very useful as I plan to train off-road more often in the future as it does lead to less injuries than road running.

Thanks also to Tom Meldrum for all his encouragement this year ... and for the comment on my report from the Commonwealth Championships (see previous post).  I'm not sure about being described as a hero though. I hope he has a good race at Tooting Bec this weekend - and that his ankle holds up well.  The webite indicates that there will be regular updates throughout the race.  The address is http://uk.srichinmoyraces.org/ultras/24hour_09/home09

I now have a training schedule in place taking me up to May next year and, hopefully, the World 24 hr Challenge in Brive, France.  After evaluating this year's training I've decided that a couple of things could do with improving: nutrition/diet and recovery between training sessions.

For the nutrition/diet element I know that the main thing is to increase the amount of fruit and veg I eat and also to cut down on the number of croissants [that will be difficult - but worth it next May].

For recovery I need to a proper post training plan in place which will include hydration, nutrition, rest, etc

I'm also re reading the articles by Frank Horwill and trying very hard to implement the nutritional advice he gives.

No comments: