Tuesday 17 February 2009

Another Cold

Feel a bit ill today - nothing major, just a cold. Actually I've had this cold for a couple of days now but today it seems a bit worse. Typical, I go two years or more without so much as a sniffle then I have two colds in four months. Or is my memory playing tricks.

With the benefit of hindsight I should have known on Saturday morning that I needed to take it easy. Up until Friday my average waking pulse (28 day mean) had been 45. On Saturday morning it was 49, Sunday 51, Monday 50, today 46. So it appears I'm recovering - doesn't feel like it though.

Didn't run on Saturday but did fartlek and strength training on Sunday.

On Sunday I started vitamin C supplementation as recommended by Frank Horwill. On Monday I continued taking lots of vitamin C (but not as much as on Sunday) and today I plan to do the same. The question I have to ask now is: "without all this vitamin C would I feel worse?"

Yesterday's 13 miler went OK except that my legs began feeling very heavy in the last three miles or so. Today I have another 13 miles planned but each mile to be slightly quicker than the preceding one ... don't know whether to have a day off though - what do you think ?

Tomorrow is a planned rest day.

"Do I stay or do I go"

No comments: