Monday 19 January 2009

Bad weather

This morning I carefully checked the weather forecast before deciding when to venture out for a run.  The forecast was for "rain and sleet this morning but it should pass over by lunchtime with just the odd shower this afternoon."

As this morning turned out to be dry I presumed that the rain had passed earlier than expected. At about 1.30pm I went outside and it immediately began to rain. Running up the valley towards Ilkley was quite hard work because of the strong wind too. On the way back I was greeted by snow !!!

So, the weather forecast was wrong ... quite normal for Britain really.

Still, nine miles (or more) in the rain, wind and snow wasn't wasted. These are what I call 'character building runs'.

The hot bath was good though ...

No comments: